Summer 2022 Session Dates
First Session: June 23, 2022 – July 20, 2022
Second Session: July 21, 2022 – August 17, 2022
Full Session: June 23, 2022 – August 17, 2022
Pre-camp for JCs only: June 21, 2022 – June 23, 2022
**Pre-camp is not mandatory but strongly encouraged. JCs who attend should arrive on 6/21 or 6/23, not 6/22.
Summer 2022 Tuition - Tiered Pricing
2022 Tiered Tuition Amounts:
|MPB Scholarship||Request Financial Aid||Request Financial Aid|
Explanation of Tiers:
Tier A – This tier most accurately reflects the true cost of a Brown Ledge summer for each camper. If every family chose this rate for their camper, the camp would be able to fully cover its yearly operating and capital expenses without additional fundraising.
Tier B – Brown Ledge Camp has historically offered low tuition as compared to similar overnight camp programs. We hope that families will find that this subsidized rate most accurately reflects our traditional tuition model which acknowledges that additional fundraising is needed to cover the cost of the program.
Tier C – This subsidized rate is available so that as many families as possible have access to a Brown Ledge experience.
Tier D – Request Financial Aid Information. See the Financial Aid Tab for more information.
Your tuition choice is completely confidential, and will not affect your camper’s experience or acceptance into the program.
Our fee structure encourages the full eight-week program, charging proportionately less to enable more parents to afford the full summer experience for their children.
Philosophy of Tiered Pricing
From the Brown Ledge Foundation’s Board of Directors:
Since 2019, Brown Ledge Camp has offered tiered pricing, which is aligned with our philosophy of self-directed participation in a high-quality program and our belief that camp should be financially accessible to all families. As was the case for Summer 2021 enrollment, every family will again have the opportunity to choose their role in supporting the true cost of a Brown Ledge experience.
Tier A: This tier most accurately reflects the true cost of a Brown Ledge summer for each camper. If every family chose this rate for their camper, the camp would be able to fully cover its yearly operating and capital expenses without additional fundraising.
Tier B: Brown Ledge Camp has historically offered low tuition as compared to similar overnight camp programs. We hope that families will find that this subsidized rate most accurately reflects our traditional tuition model which acknowledges that additional fundraising is needed to cover the cost of the program.
Tier C: So that as many families as possible have access to a Brown Ledge experience, this rate is more robustly supported by our fundraising efforts.
In the event that you require additional financial assistance, we encourage you to learn more about our scholarship program. As a charitable, non-profit organization, Brown Ledge strives to ensure access to our camp, regardless of a family’s ability to pay.
Your tuition choice is completely confidential, and will not affect your camper’s experience or acceptance into the program. Brown Ledge Camp will continue to provide our top-notch program to every camper. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Abby or Marjorie; [email protected] or [email protected]; 802-862-2442.
Thank you to our entire Brown Ledge community for your continued generosity. Your ongoing support allows Brown Ledge to remain accessible to all families.
The Brown Ledge Foundation Board of Directors
Why has tuition increased this year?
Increased operating costs require that we increase our tuition for 2022.
Brown Ledge remains firmly committed to making camp as accessible as possible, and thus will continue to offer lower-tiered subsidized tuition as well as scholarship opportunities.
When should I pay 2022 tuition?
Although tuition is not due in full until April 15, 2022, we encourage any families that can pay all or partial tuition earlier in the year to do so. As a business that operates with primarily seasonal revenue, any tuition paid prior to April 15 (and especially in the fall months) is extremely helpful in ensuring Brown Ledge’s operational success. Per our refund policy, tuition paid prior to May 1, 2022 is fully refundable.
Is the deposit refundable?
Your $500 deposit, due with registration, is refundable up until February 15, 2022. After that date, your deposit is not refundable.
Is tuition refundable?
Tuition is refundable up until May 1, 2022. If you cancel your registration after May 1, 2022, your tuition is refundable only if we are able to fill your spot. If we are not able to fill your space, your tuition is not refundable.
Will there be tuition insurance?
Like last year, we are offering optional tuition insurance through CampMinder (via Trip Mate). While we do not require this coverage, you may want to consider it depending on your family plans. As you go to register for camp, you’ll notice an option for Program Protection, which you can select to purchase at the time of registration. Although this box will indicate you cannot purchase later, Trip Mate assured us you are welcome to purchase this coverage at a later date: https://programprotector.mhross.com/consumer/portal/BROW0001VT. Please note broadest coverages are available if the plan is purchased before final camp payment. Use the “GET A QUICK QUOTE” section of the site to start the process. If you have questions or want to purchase coverage by phone, please call the Customer Service Specialists at Program Protector at 1-833-297-2258. You will need to provide the code BROW0001VT for Brown Ledge Camp and refer to plan # F530S.
- Letter with additional information on Brown Ledge’s optional tuition insurance (PDF)
- FAQ regarding tuition insurance and COVID-19 concerns (PDF)
Why is there a 3% credit card transaction charge?
All credit card payments will incur a 3% surcharge to cover processing fees. To save money, you may instead choose to pay by paper check, e-check, or wire transfer. This allows us to devote up to 100% of your tuition funds to the operation of camp by eliminating the payment of credit card processing fees.
If paying by check, where should I mail the check to?
Checks can be made out and mailed to:
The Brown Ledge Foundation, Inc.
PO Box 862
Colchester VT 05446
Brown Ledge is committed to ensuring that the summer camp experience is available to all campers regardless of socio-economic circumstances.
The Marjorie P. Brown Scholarship is funded by our generous families, alumnae and friends of BLC. Scholarships are awarded on a need-basis and may fund a portion or the entire tuition depending on the family’s circumstances. Scholarship support is extended to families who demonstrate financial need. In addition, a camper who receives aid should meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Enhance the social diversity of the camp community, and/or
- Increase the population of campers from local towns of Vermont, and/or
- Extend the camp participation of an alumni family.
Both campers and Junior Counselors are eligible for the MPB Scholarship. We are proud to report that the MPB Scholarship has awarded over $130,000 annually in financial aid for the last five years.
Scholarship applications are available in November and are due to the Scholarship Committee on, or before, January 15, 2022.
To automatically receive the application, click “yes” to the financial aid question on the registration form. Or go to www.mytads.com, create a new account and search for Brown Ledge via State: Vermont, City: Burlington, “School Year”: 22-23.
To learn more about the MPB scholarship, please call 1-802-862-2442 or email [email protected]
If you are interested in supporting the MPB Scholarship, please call 1-802-862-2442 or email [email protected].
Terms and Conditions on Application:
This is the language you will see when you complete a registration form.
- Your deposit is fully refundable until February 15, 2022.
- Tuition is due on April 15, 2022. Between February 15, 2022, and May 1, 2022, any tuition money paid is fully refundable minus the registration deposit.
- After May 1, 2022, your tuition is nonrefundable unless Brown Ledge Camp is able to fill your space.
- Optional tuition insurance is available. You may purchase this at the time of registration or at a later date by visiting: https://programprotector.mhross.com/consumer/portal/BROW0001VT. Please note broadest coverages are available if the plan is purchased before final camp payment. If you have questions or want to purchase coverage by phone, please call the Customer Service Specialists at Program Protector at 1-833-297-2258. You will need to provide the code BROW0001VT for Brown Ledge Camp and refer to a plan, either # F530S or # F530E.
- Due to the anticipated extra expenses required to run camp next summer under State of Vermont COVID-19 health and safety guidelines, Brown Ledge requires an additional COVID-19 fee for this summer. The fee will be determined in April 2022, and will be no more than $200 for 4 weeks and $400 for 8 weeks. The fee will be due by April 15, 2022, and will be non-refundable.
- By submitting this registration, you give Brown Ledge Camp permission to charge $500.00 for the deposit. (If you selected the Scholarship Application option, the deposit amount will be adjusted to $50.00 on our end before your credit card is charged.)
- If paying by credit card, a 3% transaction fee will be charged to your card. If you do not wish to pay the credit card transaction fee, you are welcome to pay by check, e-check, or wire transfer.
- If paying your deposit by check, e-check, or wire transfer, your registration will not be accepted until the deposit arrives at our office.
- If you are placed on a waitlist, you will not be charged for the deposit unless a spot becomes available.
- No reduction of tuition is made for late arrival, early departure, missed days, withdrawal for emotional or medical reasons, dismissal for misconduct, or any other cause.
- We reserve the right to dismiss any camper if, in our opinion, this action is in the best interest of the Camp. In this instance, no refund will be made.
COVID-19 Fee Information
To ensure that Brown Ledge can operate safely, there may be an additional fee to cover costs associated with COVID-19. We will wait for further guidance from our governing bodies to implement a COVID-19 fee. Our COVID-19 fee for 2021 was $200, and we reserve the right to implement this for 2022 if needed. Families will be alerted before the tuition refund deadline of May 1, 2022.
We understand as well that you are taking a financial risk in registering for camp ahead of time. With this in mind, we have tried to build a COVID-19 fee that will be accurately calculated in the spring and will share this risk as equitably as possible.
Why might there be a COVID-19 fee?
There may be additional costs to operate camp while COVID-19 remains a public health concern: additional staff for increased cleanings, extra PPE for our Health Center, testing, and a lower overall enrollment number to ensure that we can maintain proper distancing within our cabins, and larger group gatherings.
Why is the COVID-19 fee not set yet? How much will it be, and when will it be charged?
Using the most updated federal, state, ACA, and CDC guidelines, we anticipate having a clearer idea of our COVID-19 related costs in the winter. We are firmly committed to capping the COVID-19 fee so that it is at most $200 for half session and $400 for full session. If conditions improve as we hope they will, we will not have a COVID-19 fee at all.