2020 Session Dates
Full Season: June 25, 2020 – August 19, 2020
First Session: June 25, 2020 – July 22, 2020
Second Session: July 23, 2020 – August 19, 2020
Brown Ledge sessions always start on a Thursday and end on a Wednesday.
Junior Counselor Clinic is June 23-June24, 2020
2020 Tuition - Tiered Pricing
Explanation of Tiers:
Tier A – This tier most accurately reflects the true cost of a Brown Ledge summer for each camper. If every family chose this rate for their daughter, the camp would be able to fully cover its yearly operating and capital expenses without additional fundraising.
Tier B – Brown Ledge Camp has historically offered low tuition as compared to similar overnight camp programs. We hope that families will find that this subsidized rate most accurately reflects our traditional tuition model which acknowledges that additional fundraising is needed to cover the cost of the program.
Tier C – This subsidized rate is available so that as many families as possible have access to a Brown Ledge experience.
Tier D – Request Financial Aid Information. See the Financial Aid Tab for more information.
Your tuition choice is completely confidential, and will not affect your camper’s experience or acceptance into the program.
Our fee structure encourages the full eight-week program, charging proportionately less to enable more parents to afford the full summer experience for their children.
Philosophy of Tiered Pricing
From the Brown Ledge Foundation’s Board of Directors:
Brown Ledge Camp would like to announce a new approach to pricing for camp. It is based on our strong belief that camp should be financially accessible to all families. The Brown Ledge Camp experience exists to develop community, responsibility and achievement through self-directed participation in our high-quality summer program. We are excited to introduce a new pricing model that aligns with our philosophy of self-direction. Every family now has the opportunity to choose their role in supporting the true cost of a Brown Ledge experience.
Tier A: This tier most accurately reflects the true cost of a Brown Ledge summer for each camper. If every family chose this rate for their daughter, the camp would be able to fully cover its yearly operating and capital expenses without additional fundraising.
Tier B: Brown Ledge Camp has historically offered low tuition as compared to similar overnight camp programs. We hope that families will find that this subsidized rate most accurately reflects our traditional tuition model which acknowledges that additional fundraising is needed to cover the cost of the program.
Tier C: So that as many families as possible have access to a Brown Ledge experience, this rate is more robustly supported by our fundraising efforts.
In the event that you require additional financial assistance, we encourage you to learn more about our scholarship program. As a charitable, non-profit organization, Brown Ledge strives to ensure access to our camp, regardless of a family’s ability to pay.
Your tuition choice is completely confidential, and will not affect your camper’s experience or acceptance into the program. Brown Ledge Camp will continue to provide our top-notch program to every camper. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Abby or Kim; [email protected] or [email protected]; 802-862-2442.
Thank you to our entire Brown Ledge community for your continued generosity. Your ongoing support allows Brown Ledge to remain accessible to all families.
The Brown Ledge Foundation Board of Directors
Brown Ledge is committed to ensuring that the summer camp experience is available to all girls regardless of socio-economic circumstances.
The Marjorie P. Brown Scholarship is funded by our generous families, alumnae and friends of BLC. Scholarships are awarded on a need-basis and may fund a portion or the entire tuition depending on the family’s circumstances. Scholarship support is extended to families who demonstrate financial need. In addition, a camper who receives aid should meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Enhance the social diversity of the camp community, and/or
- Increase the population of campers from local towns of Vermont, and/or
- Extend the camp participation of an alumni family.
Both campers and Junior Counselors are eligible for the MPB Scholarship. We are proud to report that the MPB Scholarship has awarded over $130,000 annually in financial aid for the last five years.
Scholarship applications are available in November and are due to the Scholarship Committee on, or before, January 15, 2020.
To automatically receive the application, click “yes” to the financial aid question on the registration form. Or go to www.mytads.com, create a new account and search for Brown Ledge via State: Vermont, City: Burlington, “School Year”: 20-21.
To learn more about the MPB scholarship, please call 1-802-862-2442 ext 1 or e-mail [email protected]
If you are interested in supporting the MPB Scholarship, please contact [email protected], 1-802-862-2442 ext. 3.
Eligibility for Enrollment and How to Enroll
Brown Ledge Camp is a summer camp for girls. In order to attend, girls must be physically and emotionally prepared to fully participate in our program. Due to our program’s emphasis on independence and free choice, a camper must complete 4th grade before her first summer and be able to self-regulate appropriately for her age. Brown Ledge serves girls who meet the criteria for admission regardless of race, ethnicity, disability, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, or transgender status.
Camper age ranges from 9 -15 years old. If your daughter is 16 and wishes to attend camp, please e-mail [email protected] before enrolling.
To be eligible for the Junior Counselor program, an applicant must have completed the 10th grade, attended camp as a camper for at least one summer, and be invited to the program by the directors.
How to Enroll
To enroll, please follow the steps below.
- All enrollment for 2020 will be online. Please click on the “Enroll Now” link below.
- The $500 deposit may be paid by credit card online at the time that you submit your registration. If you plan to apply for financial aid, the deposit is reduced to $50.
- If you do not wish to use your credit card online but would like to pay by credit card by phone for the deposit, please submit your registration information online (click ‘pay by check’ on the registration form) and then call our office – 802-862-2442.
- If you wish to pay the deposit by check, please use the online registration form, click ‘pay by check,’ and then mail your deposit to 1 Mill St, Suite 216, Burlington, VT 05401, payable to Brown Ledge Camp for $500.
- If camp is canceled due to COVID-19, BLC will refund tuition.
- If our camp program is altered or shortened due to COVID-19, BLC will adjust tuition accordingly.
- Your deposit is fully refundable until April 01, 2020.
- Between April 1st and April 15th, your tuition minus the deposit is fully refundable.
- After April 15th your tuition is non-refundable. If you choose to withdraw and we can fill your spot, you will be refunded tuition less the deposit.
- If we cannot fill your empty spot, any refund requests are decided on a case-by-case basis by our Board of Directors’ Finance Committee. They will do their best to be fair; factoring in the reason for your cancellation while considering the financial loss to camp.
- International families should contact [email protected] to discuss concerns surrounding international travel and our refund policy.